Wild Horse Monument
When I was a kid, we collected pennies at our school for this wild horse monument. I honestly have no idea why. We were driving past it a week and a half ago, and Tim said, I want to hike that next Saturday. I told him, I hate hiking. I thought it might be a good daddy/daughter activity. But here is photographic evidence that I went too. It really wasn't that bad, and the girls loved it. The weather was perfect! But I still don't love hiking.
Us at the beginning of our hike.
See, I even made it to the horses!
Isn't the Columbia River Beautiful!
Sydney "riding" a horse.
Haley and Kiley "riding" a horse.
Haley "riding" the horse.
The daddy/daughter adventure I was rooting for. (But then who would have taken the picturs with dad?) I was surprised, there were quite a few cars that stopped, and a few others who trekked to the top. (You just turn off of the freeway near Vantage at the Wild Horse Monument look-out. It is kind of a random place to pull over.)
You can barely see the little lizard on the rock. I was surprised, the lizards and grasshoppers were almost as big a hit as the horses. Haley had very good eyes to find them, and we would get to stare at them for a few minutes each.Haley's Teeth
Haley finally lost her other front tooth. She keeps saying it is hard to eat apples.
I can not believe I have a kid that looks as old as this. I must be turning 30 this month.
Haley finally lost her other front tooth. She keeps saying it is hard to eat apples.
I can not believe I have a kid that looks as old as this. I must be turning 30 this month. Farmer Consumer Awareness Days
Quincy has this community activity called Farmer Consumer Awareness Days, or FCAD for the cool kids in the know. Here are a few pics of us enjoying the parade.
The best way to let a 1 year old enjoy a parade is to give her a sucker. You can actually do a lot of things with a 1 year old if you give them a sucker. Just make sure that you have wipes handy.
Haley is hanging out one of these windows. I am not sure which one, but she is wearing sunglasses, I know that.
Here is Sydney. It turns out suckers also help 4 year olds to enjoy parades.
Haley after she made it back from the bus. Still wearing her very cool shades I might add. (We call them sunnies at our house, something Tim learned on his mission.)
And here is a random combine. There are lots of random pieces of farm equipment in the FCAD parade. Don't you wish you were here?
7 comments:
Yes, I should keep my van full of suckers for times like you shared. I forgot how handy they are!
Now is a great time to buy with all of the Halloween candy out. They make my kids so happy, as long as I don't care about sticky hands.
Now is a great time to buy with all of the Halloween candy out. They make my kids so happy, as long as I don't care about sticky hands.
Suckers also keep Husbands happy during a parade...and Sacrament meeting. :)
Yeah, I DO wish I lived around there......wait, I DO!! (and love it!)
Finally, I stumbled onto your blog today, and am so glad I did. Great work! Super cute girlies!
I noticed on anika's blog that she had some new links added and was so happy to see your family's blog listed.
It has been too long! So long in fact that I didn't know that you had THREE girls! They are gorgeous.
I am so impressed that you hiked to the "pennies for ponies" horses. I have never been there, but maybe next summer we will put it on our to do list. ;-)
oh...if you are interested in my blog email me at tilleea@gmail.com and I will send you an invite. Yes, I'm one of those annoying "private" people!
Post a Comment