Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Haley

So the last month has just been kind of blah. Isn't January always kind of blah? Anyway, I decided some of you may read this blog that know me but don't know my kids very well. So here are a few funny stories from Haley. (Isn't she a cute hula girl? Halloween in Florida has it's advantages, like NO COATS!)
#1. One day Haley came home and told me - Mom, I am going to have a day named after me. I said really? She said, yes, did you know some people have days named after them, like Martin Luther King? I am going to have a day named after me when I die, but I don't know if it will be the day that I die, or on my birthday.
This really cracked me up for some reason. Haley wants to be important I guess.

#2. A few weeks ago, I bought the girls some coloring books. Haley preferred one and Sydney the other, but eventually Sydney wanted to use Haley's favorite one, and Haley kept telling her no. Finally I told Haley I had bought the coloring books, and they were to share. She and Sydney could both color in either book. Haley's response - "Okay mom, but in our world, this one is my coloring book, and that one is Sydney's." I asked her what she meant, and she said, "You know, my world and Sydney's world and Kiley's world." So whenever Haley is ignoring me, she is just following the rules in her world. That actually explains a lot about Haley. Um, whatever you say mom, if it will keep you quiet, but I am still going to think what I want. This doesn't bode well for when she gets older.
So there are a few stories about Haley. I will try to think of something for the other two now. Oh the pressure!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

My niece is so cute!!!
...at least in her world.
...and mine.

Jessie said...

Your girls say the cutest things! I guess it's true about being in their own world.

Heather said...

HAHA!!! So funny! She really is important--she has her own world, why shouldn't she have her own day?